Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Leaving Peru - A Time to Reflect

I'm not entirely sure what happened earlier on our last day in Peru, as it was one of the only sleep-in days we had on the trip, and I took that chance to heart. The morning and afternoon were spent showering, packing, and preparing to go. Some of the group did some last minute shopping (both for souvenirs and Inka Kola), or did one more museum stop. Some of us (myself included) simply relaxed at the hostel and watched TV in Spanish. After dinner, we indulged in one last debriefing, reflecting on our views of our cultural experience, as well as our experience with each other. We arrived at the airport somewhat early, around 8 (our flight didn't leave until close to midnight). Despite the excellent job I feel we did in experiencing and immersing ourselves into the culture, it seems we finally had to give in - there was both a McDonald's and a Papa John's Pizza in the terminal, and it was nice to have that first taste of home. The flight back into the States was uneventful, and I for one am glad to be home, bringing this knowledge and experience with me. But these two paragraphs hardly make for an interesting final blog, now do they? I thought so too, so I asked my classmates to help me with this one. We all had to write two blogs about our time in Peru, but I wanted to know (and wanted to share) even more. So I asked: what was your favorite part of the trip? Your least favorite? What did you learn? What did you miss out on, or what did you feel could have been different? These our are final reflections: (responses to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment